Saturday, October 3, 2009

Silly stupid ladies,

Please help me here because there's something I have a hard time understanding. Why is it that occasionally, in this day and age, I still come across women who play the part of the helpless dame? It must be something in the water. Maybe a part of it is my lesbian past. I'm not sure. All I know is that I just fixed my dishwasher after fixing my riding lawnmower after using my self-propelled lawnmower to mow the swale in front of the house since it's finally almost dry. I know women who "need help" hanging curtains. What the fuck is this world coming to? A relative of mine needed help TAKING WALLPAPER OFF HER WALLS. And not just "hey, I need an extra hand" kind of help. She asked for the kind of help as in "I can't do this, I have no idea what I'm doing, can someone help me" kind of help.

Mr. Math Teacher would be so proud. Check out this logic problem I'm about to give you:
If you can read, you can install a dishwasher.
My five-year-old son can read. THEREFORE, my five-year-old son can install a dishwasher.
Let P = Someone can read.
Let Q = Someone can install a dishwasher.

P->Q
P
------
... Q

If P and Q are true:
[(P->Q)^P]->Q
[T^T]->T
T->T
T
THIS IS A VALID ARGUMENT.

I just refuse to believe that there are still women out there that don't mow their grass, fix their appliances, clean their pools, wash their dogs ... not because they don't have time but because they either LIKE to portray the helpless female or they truly believe they can't do it. I'm not even sure which one is more sad or pathetic.

I'm off my soapbox now. Off to write poetry. Thanks for listening.



No comments:

Post a Comment