Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ain't nobody got time for that.

After putting another 1200 words on "paper" this morning, I was perusing my news feed on Facebook when I came across this video.  I absolutely love this woman's attitude about getting sick.

After coming off the sinus infection train that has wiped out nearly my whole town over the past few weeks, I just want to share her optimism.  Maybe we all have a thing or two to learn from Sweet Brown.


Bronchitis:  Ain't nobody got time for that.

It's my new mantra.

I'm trying to wrap up this semester at school, but I'm completely lacking in any sort of motivation.  After deciding to change my major, I feel like a fool wrapping up my courses on Education.  The finals involve questions like, "Now that you've learned about the different philosophies of teaching, explain what your philosophy will be in regards to your own classroom?"

Or the ever-popular, "What are the most important things you will continue to learn throughout your educational career in regards the dynamics in your future classroom?"

And I'm thinking, "Jeez, lady, didn't you get the memo?  I'm not going to be a teacher.  I've changed my mind."

But they don't seem to care.

On a positive note which I'm certain is somehow related to my lack of motivation, however, the novel is coming along well, but the writing is sort of an addiction.  How do you keep yourself sane when you are working on a novel?  How do you not let it consume you?  Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly happy for the wild nights of writing abandon, but I'm starting to fall behind in the rest of life.  

Happy writing!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you dropped out of the A to Z Challenge. I can see you have a lot on your plate though. Good luck on the novel and school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! My whole family has been dealing with sinus/allergy issues for the last three weeks.

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathise with the sinus problem and it does leave you feeling very low. I had it on/off for weeks up until Christmas. I'm sure you'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed soon. The A to Z Challenge has been very demanding but we're nearly there! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only did I see that video the day it came out, but I also downloaded it. That woman made me laugh. She would appear to have a considerable amount of character!

    I am a teacher as well as a writer. You're likely not to become rich doing either, but it is what I love best.

    ReplyDelete