Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Opposites attract.

It's a few minutes after 8pm and my husband has the remote control.  I hear Adam Sandler.

There are some things I will never understand about my husband, but I sure do love him.

Anyway, in an attempt to wash off the germs, I took a shower a while ago.  When I came out of the bathroom, my husband was on my phone talking to a stranger.  It turns out that said "stranger" was answering my Craigslist ad for french doors.  Yay!  $80, solid wood.  Unless a beaver has been after them, consider them sold, which means the office is on its way to "becoming."

Could I actually have an office before National Novel Writing Month?  Anything is possible.  My vote would be yes, I'll have the "shape" of an office, but it probably won't have baseboards or paint, and I am a-okay with that.

My husband tends to go all out, and his enthusiasm is contagious.  I'm more of a planner:  even though the office is technically for me, I initially tried putting it off until after the holidays.  I've got so much going on--what with finally getting around to finishing the floors I started three years ago and all--but his persistence paid off.  When he uses words like "weekend project," I'll admit:  I get a little turned on.

I'm pretty sure I used the words "weekend project" to describe the floors, too, but that's another story.

Back to the whole "opposites" thing, when said husband was on said phone following my shower, I had no idea to whom he was speaking so when he said, "Text some pictures to this phone; I'm up near Bradenton every day and can come take a look," I mouthed to him with a big smile, "A puppy?!!"  I just love to see his face when I bring anything up about adopting a second dog.  I'd probably do it and regret it in a second.  Him?  Well, let's just say he's not the "dog lover" he told me he was the night we met.

It sure did make me like him, though.

We had a big old talk about parenting tonight, which I love.  Family time is the bees' knees, and when Aidan gets really involved in the conversation, it really makes my heart smile.  We were talking about how people tend to parent the same way they were brought up.  He sometimes finds Richard's parenting a little harsh, but it was just Aidan and I for so long--five years--that he got pretty used to my laid-back style.  Being from Alabama, Richard is a bit more "yes Sir, no Sir" than I am.  We often have to remind Richard to stop and smell the roses, if you catch my drift, but he's a terrific daddy.  The best.    :-)

The debate is tonight.  Speaking of opposites, one of us might be sleeping on the couch.

Good thing Richard can sleep anywhere.   ;-)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment