Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Finding time to write.

I recently made the jump to Google+, and I cannot say enough good things about the sense of community over there.  I'm still trying to work out the kinks - i.e., figuring out which of the communities I've joined are actually active, where to go for good advice, etc. - but the sheer fact that I belong to a 5am writers' group has sparked a big change in me.

I'm actually writing again.  Hooray!

Yes, it means I have to set my alarm clock to wake up an hour earlier each day, but considering my husband tends to use the hours after 4am to hone his snoring skills, I realized the 5am time-frame is definitely to my advantage.  I'd much rather be in the office, writing, then laying in bed kicking him in the backs of the legs while hollering at him to roll over and stop snoring.

(That's the edited version, by the way.  In real life, my speech is peppered with a few, choice four-letter words, some of which I have actually made up in the heat of the moment.)

The timing couldn't be better - we're one month out from NaNoWriMo so the idea of altering my schedule in order to write is going to come in quite useful pretty soon.  And who knows?  If I start waking at 5am to write -- like, when that becomes normal -- maybe I can wake up at 4am during November.  There is no telling.

None.

So when do you find time to write?  Do you find you're more productive if you go to great lengths to have a particular time of day set aside to write as opposed to just squeezing it in when you can?  I'd love to hear from you!

Cherstin, out.


No comments:

Post a Comment