Monday, April 9, 2012

H. Pronounced like "Aytch." H is for Help Me Sleep!

The alphabet, the way it sounds.

Ay
Bee
See
Dee
Ee
Eff
Gee
Aytch
Eye
Jay
Kay
Ell
Em
En
Oh
Pee
Kyu
Are
Ess
Tee
You
Vee
Double You
Eks
Why
Zee

It is 3:03am.  I am a mom.

Note that those two ideas have absolutely nothing in common.  They are actually inversely proportionate to one another.

As in, "If you are indeed this Mom of which you speak, you have no business being awake at 3:03am."

Which is exactly what I've been thinking as I lay in bed, tossing and turning.

I took some Nyquil for my cough and some Sudafed for my sinuses about four hours ago.  Which was when, you know, I decided it would be a good idea to go to sleep.  Yet here I am, finally giving up after so much tossing and turning.

Something must've gone down the wrong tube, because it would seem to me that I should be nearing the halfway point of some fantabulous dream starring me, my husband, a bottle of wine, and a moonlit walk on the beach.

Or driving.  I dream a lot about driving.

Either way, none of those things is happening.  Instead I'm sitting here at the computer, trying to think of an H-blog, while the alarm clock still has another 2 hours and now 21 minutes until it wakes from its electric slumber to do its job and belt out the beeps that will wake the husband to take the shower to go to the job that he does so well, leaving me here to do the job that I do so well:  Mom.

H is for help me.

The writing is going great.  I'd like to think that's part of the reason for me being awake, but it's not.  My mind isn't reeling with great ideas.  It's turned off right now.  Did I possibly have a cup of "too late in the evening" coffee?  Probably.  But I still am cursing those Sudafed.  Stupid afterthought Sudafed.

Ugh.  I'm heading back in to try this again.  Don't count this as my H, necessarily.  Hopefully I'll return to the land of the living with something a bit more coherent.  This pre-H blog, as we'll refer to it, brought to you by the makers of Nyquil and Sudafed who remind you, "Don't mix!"

Hasta la vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment