Friday, September 20, 2013

YA fiction - Why do writers assume?

I've been attempting to resurrect my blog as of late.  Pick up the pieces, blow some dust off, and put this shit back together.  Make it functional.  Maybe even feng shui.

(I wouldn't hold your breath.)

I realized tonight that a lot of YA authors are also bloggers, and a lot of said YA author/bloggers are keen to put bits and quips of their current work for the public to peruse ... and it sucks.  It's awful.  There is a difference between telling a good story and being a good writer, but I'm not sure they realize that.  It does, however, give me a ton of hope for my own writing, because if people are truly getting shit like that published, then by God yes there is a place for me in the market after all.

On that note, I'm off to bed.  We can discuss this further if you'd like.  Or we don't have to, either.  I want your feedback - no more one-sided conversations.  I'm going to break out of my little bungalow over here and start being social, so drop me a line and let me know you were here while I slept.  In the morning, I'll come by your neck of the interweb woods.  We'll have coffee.  A cigarette.  Whatever you're down with.

Cherstin, out.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment